A blue-eyed, red-furred view of the world!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

You just can't train a man


mr_ed: The Broncos' overall record dropped pretty quickly, but it took much longer to bring it back up.
Tucker: ::yawn::
mr_ed: When they lost their last game of the 1965 season to the Kansas City Chiefs, 35-45 at home, they dropped below .300 (24-57-3). And pretty much stayed there.

The Broncos hit bottom on November 12, 1967 with an 18-20 loss at home to the Houston Oilers. They were now 29-76-3, a .276 overall average.

It took until October 27, 1996, for them to come back up to .500 with a 34-7 trouncing of the Kansas City Chiefs in Denver. They were 265-265-10, and it was the middle of the Broncos' 37th year.

Last hour's trivia answer:  This dropout is too good to just give away. Check the title of the posting for a clue! :-)

This hour's trivia question:  I couldn't find the picture files I wanted for a Landmark question, so here's the change-up: In the TV series Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman, Dr. Mike persuades "the railroad" to come through Colorado Springs rather than bypassing it.

This makes for great dramatic tension as she wants "the Springs" (as locals call it) to develop and prosper. She wants medicine for her patients. But the love of her life rightly perceives that "the railroad" will be a huge and irreversible step away from the natural world he loves.

What were the real circumstances of "the railroad" and "the Springs" coming together?

Next hour's trivia category:  Military affairs.

4 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Hey Tucker,
How are you fairing through the Blogathon?

Steve and Kat

Khady Lynn said...

Unfortunately, I never saw that show, so I have no idea what the answer is.

So, let me guess, your dad is a Bronco's fan?

Holly

Tucker said...

I am glad I have a Human Assistant even though he won't give me the chocolate mint cookies that I can see he's eating. :-(

I don't want to stay awake all night. Dogs sleep even more than he does, so it's hard on us!

Tucker said...

The answer doesn't actually have anything to do with the show. The show says some doctor talked the train into coming to the Springs.

All I'm saying is it didn't happen that way - not even close. :-)

Nope, no sports fans in my family until my son came along. I've just been in the area 52 years, and it's interesting to know some negative things about the Donkos so I don't get OD'd when surrounded by fans. :-)

-- mr_ed