A blue-eyed, red-furred view of the world!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The three paths


mr_ed:  Contrary to what my daughter used to say, there are only three established routes to the summit of Pikes Peak (14,110'): the cog railway, Barr Trail for hikers and really crazy runners, and the auto road.

(She told customers that employees of the concession stand on top of the mountain took an elevator.)

Last hour's trivia answer:  The Pikes Peak Hill Climb is how locals know the race that's held every July for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and who knows what else. This former local, anyway. When it was held on the Fourth of July.

Only the Indy 500 is older. And it's much flatter! Being a brickyard and all.

This hour's trivia question:  There's a big M on the side of a mountain west of Denver. It doesn't stand for the Miller Brewing Company - what does it stand for?

Next hour's trivia category:  Architecture.


mr_ed:  Colorado trivia - first correct answer wins a Beanie Baby for most of these contests. (I'll let you know when the rules change slightly.)

-- EDIT -- I put the stupid line breaks in the wrong stupid place. Fixed now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool info about Pikes Peak Hill Climb!! How is Tucker enjoying lunch?
Hugs,
Sitka

Anonymous said...

I think I know! I think I know!!
"M" stands for MINKY!! I didn't know there was a mountain named after me!!

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous!! Why would they go to all that trouble to put a Pomeranian's initial on the side of a mountain?

It stands for Moey, of course.