A blue-eyed, red-furred view of the world!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

So far away from home


Tucker:  That last question was too hard.
mr_ed:  And when I told my son, he called me a dork.
Tucker:  I didn't know people still used that word.
mr_ed:  Well ... back when Mork landed from Ork, maybe.
Tucker:  Maybe.
mr_ed:  So.

Last hour's trivia answer:  I make it to be 91 miles from Boulder, where Mork nestled in with Mindy, got pregnant, and gave birth to Jonathan Winters, to NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain center just west of Colorado Springs.

You'd think they could have seen him with their own eyes from that distance! But they were inside a mountain....
And in the category "Dropouts," which I just created....

This hour's trivia question:  This college dropout was a friend of president Jimmy Carter and of puppeteer Jim Hensen. He shook hands with many Communists in Russia and China, held a benefit concert for the victims of Chernobyl, and Premier Zhou Enlai made one of his songs the first Western music to be played legally in China. His name?

Next hour's trivia category:  Time for another gunslinger, I think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew Tucker.. that last one was hard. Ok, let me try this new question out. Would it be John Denver?
Hugs,
Sitka

Tucker said...

Good one! ::big Husky grin::