A blue-eyed, red-furred view of the world!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Trivia contests


Tucker:  You're eating potato chips.
mr_ed:  Once an hour, on the half-hour, we'll ask a trivia question about Colorado. Categories will include Gunslingers good and bad, Landmarks maybe, Sports of course, Architecture, and Military.
Tucker:  You should eat a better breakfast. I should eat breakfast.
mr_ed:  The first question is from the category Colorado and the Final Frontier.
Tucker:  ::sigh::  Okay, let's have it.
mr_ed:  Name three astronauts, born in Colorado, who have been on NASA space missions.
Tucker:  That's it? That's easy!
mr_ed:  Shhh! Don't tell.
Tucker:  Who wins?
mr_ed:  First correct answer wins a Beanie Baby, the winner's choice from about 180 gently-used animals (for an animal shelter, get it?) of all kinds.
Tucker:  All kinds?
mr_ed:  Lots of kinds. I'll get photos and descriptions later, I hope.
Tucker:  Okay, good luck all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Tucker.. here we go...

Scott Carpenter (One of the original seven U.S. astronauts and second American to orbit the earth; born in Boulder. ), Stuart Roosa (flew Apollo 14), Jack Swigert (flew Apollo 13)

ok, so I googled it, but I learned something :)
Hugs,
Sitka

Tucker said...

Hmmm. Okay, name two born in the same Colorado county!

Anonymous said...

humm... Ok, I will have to search...
Hugs,
Sitka

Barb Hallock said...

Hi! My name's Barb, and I'll be your handy-dandy thon monitor today. This means I will be skulking around in the shadows on your site, occasionally surfacing to leave encouragement and other such shenanigans.

In case you're interested, I'm blogging over at http://shotgunreviews.com/blogathon for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.

Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Whew - ok...

Jack Swigert was born in Denver. My second one is - Gerald Carr (born in Denver). He served as a member of the astronaut support crews and as CAPCOM for the Apollo 8 and 12 flights.

does that count?
Hugs,
Sitka