A blue-eyed, red-furred view of the world!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy birthweek to me!

Sometime in the last week or so it may have been my birthday. I don't remember when I was born. But Polaris Siberian Husky Rescue said I was 8½ or 9 when I came here.

That was a year and a half ago. At first the Human Assistant said I was 9 then. So I'd qualify as a senior.  ​  ​Then six months ago he decided I had been 8½. So I'd have a gotcha-versary and a birthday!

So H.A. thinks he remembers that I came here on October 28. Which would make my birthday April 28. More or less. Which was last Monday. But he forgot. So he hurried up to get a celebration in before he was a week late!  ​

He even went to my dogster page and changed the date to April 31. April 31 doesn't exist? That's his point! If there's no April 31 then it doesn't matter what day we celebrate my birthday! Is that cheating or what‽‽‽

photo from Colorado Dept. of Wildlife
Cervus elaphus

Taurus
photo from Colorado Dept. of Wildlife
Bison bison
photo from Colorado Dept. of Wildlife
Ovis canadensis

Aries
Tucker with hat added
C. l. familiaris grumpus


So speaking of stars (Polaris). What's my sign? H.A. says that depends.

No, I won't let him change my birthday again! But he says I can pick which system I want to use. The old, worn-out astrology like most humans around here know about. Or the look-​at-​the-​stars astrology. Where the sun really is in the constellation of your sign.

The first way I'm a Bull. The second way I'm a Ram.

Hmmm. That's a tough one! I don't know which I'd rather be!

So I asked H.A. for info about rams and bulls from around here. The Front Range. Not the Front Range where humans live. The Front Range where animals live.

And he came up with the ones in the pictures. Colorado tax money paid for them, he thinks. So H.A. doesn't feel bad about posting them at all.

But he found a bunch more rams from around the world! That he didn't want to steal the pictures of. So go look for yourself. (Warning!  Some of them don't seem to be alive anymore. They're just kinda standing there. In case that bothers you.)

At least one of the international rams lives right where some of us Siberian Huskies originally came from!

So that's one point for being a ram. Another is that a ram is the official Colorado State Animal. Although there's also a Colorado State Seal. So I'm not sure about that.

Anyway. Can anydoggy help me decide whether to be a ram or a bull? I'd appreciate it!

-- photos of ungulates from articles by Prof. David M. Armstrong at the University of Colorado at Boulder (the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, the interdisciplinary Environmental Studies Program, and the Museum of Natural History) via the Colorado Division of Wildlife.

Why yes, the Human Assistant did graduate from ♪♩"dear old CU!"♩♩   ​Why do you ask?

ⓣⓤⓒⓚⓔⓡ

10 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy more or less barkday more or less!


I love the pawty hat!!

Woo soooo look to be khwite the pawty animal!!!

Enough rambulling from me,

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Happy birthweek Tucker!

You look good for a "senior" husky.

(Oh, and I think you should be a ram.)

diane

The Army of Four said...

Happy honorary birthday!
I'm 9, too! 9 is very fun!
Love,
Amber

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Taurus, Aries...Where's the treats?

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Happy Birthday Tucker!!! It sounds like you had a great day with hamburger and extra green beans and treats! What more could you ask for?

Steve and Kat

Angel said...

Happy Birthweek, Rambull!! You do look maaahvelous, Tucker. Of course, 9 is the new 5, you know. :)

Summit the Super Mal said...

The Iowa Crew sends their boofday wishes to woo to use on whatever day woo like. When the "day" moves there are more chances for pawties in our opinion. The hu-mom is a Ram...but we like the RamBull sign. It sounds pretty cool...just like you.

Kapp pack said...

Happy Barkday to you and many more!

WOo woo, KA

Thor said...

Happy woofday, Tucker! Go with the Ram! I'm a ram too!

Woos,
Thor

Khady Lynn said...

Happy Gotchabirthday!!

Since you are hard headed, you could be either. Maybe you are one of those cusp doggies, where you are born in between or close to both, so have the traits of both.

That's whay I'm thinkin'.

Holly